In: Physiology PMID: 31799907 DOI: 10.1152/physiol.00013.2019 Abstract: Ovarian hormones are associated with risk for binge eating in women. Recent animal and human studies suggest that food-related reward processing may be one set of neurobiological factors that contribute to these relationships, …More?
- 2019-10-29: Hypothalamus-hippocampus circuitry regulates impulsivity via melanin-concentrating hormone
In: Nature Communications PMID: 31664021 DOI: 10.1038/s41467-019-12895-y Abstract: Behavioral impulsivity is common in various psychiatric and metabolic disorders. Here we identify a hypothalamus to telencephalon neural pathway for regulating impulsivity involving communication from melanin-concentrating hormone (MCH)-expressing lateral hypothalamic neurons to …More?
- 2019-03-08: Reduced sensitivity to devaluation for instrumental but not consummatory behaviors in binge eating prone rats
In: Physiology & Behavior PMID: 30858100 DOI: 10.1016/j.physbeh.2019.03.005 Abstract: Binge eating is characterized by the consumption of a large amount of palatable food in a short period of time and is a core feature of many eating disorders. Patients with …More?
- 2018-02-01: Examining the influence of CS duration and US density on cue-potentiated feeding through analyses of licking microstructure
In: Learning and Motivation PMID: 30082927 DOI: 10.1016/j.lmot.2017.07.001 Abstract: In the current study, groups of mice were trained with either short (20 s) or long (120 s) conditioned stimulus (CS) durations associated with different rates of sucrose unconditioned stimulus (US) …More?
- 2017-07-03: Characterizing ingestive behavior through licking microstructure: Underlying neurobiology and its use in the study of obesity in animal models
In: International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience PMID: 28684308 DOI: 10.1016/j.ijdevneu.2017.06.012 Abstract: Ingestive behavior is controlled by multiple distinct peripheral and central physiological mechanisms that ultimately determine whether a particular food should be accepted or avoided. As rodents consume a fluid …More?
- 2016-04-15: The antagonism of ghrelin alters the appetitive response to learned cues associated with food.
In: Behavioural Brain Research PMID: 26802728 DOI: 10.1016/j.bbr.2016.01.040 Abstract: The rapid increase in obesity may be partly mediated by an increase in the exposure to cues for food. Food-paired cues play a role in food procurement and intake under conditions …More?
- 2015-12-01: Deletion of Melanin Concentrating Hormone Receptor-1 disrupts overeating in the presence of food cues
In: Physiology & Behavior PMID: 26048303 DOI: 10.1016/j.physbeh.2015.05.037 Abstract: Exposure to environmental cues associated with food can evoke eating behavior in the absence of hunger. This capacity for reward cues to promote feeding behaviors under sated conditions can be examined in …More?
In: Trends in Neurosciences PMID: 23333343 DOI: 10.1016/j.tins.2013.01.002 Abstract: Animals use current, past, and projected future states of the organism and the world in a finely tuned system to control ingestion. They must not only deal effectively with current nutrient …More?